Feel free to add share this article...
You will be able to use our site and columns for just about any topic you want with the exception of sex, liquor, drugs, pyramid or third-party business based opportunities, etc... in order to build your base. We envision your column to evolve over time, but we hope you will be able to provide, not only a thoughtful message, but some interaction with readers (i.e., a question, a poll, a survey, etc...) something to make a person reading your column do something to contact you.
As far as the length, it's optional especially if your topic can lead a person back to your site and/or you. Now we don't expect a 12-page singled spaced dissertation... but, if you have a heavy topic that is that long, we would recommend you summarize it, and then provide an addition link to this dissertation for later use. Overall, we prefer NO more than 400 words and nothing too negative. Our target audience here at Amateur Sports is 12-18 and their parents plus various business owners.
NOTE: Be sure to check out our FAQ area for specific questions... if your question isn't answered here, be sure to drop us an email at newdesk@ASNN365.com
We have a weekly e-newsletter that is distributed Sunday evenings (or Monday mornings) that connects to our Magazine page. In addition, we are developing an e-paper, which can be printed by readers. It will be distributed once a month - target date of the first one is June 1.
The e-paper itself will include HOT topics and discussions that took place over the month as well as future events, topics, advise, businesses you should know, classes/seminars, etc... Again, we are primarily focusing on sports, but nowadays sports are not only a noun but verb, an adjective and more importantly - a BRAND! So from this, we will provide tons of advice, guidance, options, and thought-provoking current day topics and put a sporting theme on it in some cases. An example of this is student-athletes dealing with the use of the social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter). We have done some research and found that colleges/universities are using these tools to weed out kids, just like lawyers and human resources do. We have also just finished a huge debate on when is it okay to go pro - now we are putting that discussion to ink.
Note: ASNN screens your submission prior to posting. However, ASNN has the unfettered right (but not the obligation), in its sole discretion, to modify, edit, republish, resell, refuse, move, or remove any User Content. ASNN might or might not post your User Content, and it has no obligation to do so. Also, ASNN may discard or destroy User Content whenever it chooses and without any notice or liability to you. You agree that ASNN may edit, publish, transmit, display and otherwise exploit your User Content in any manner and in any media whatsoever.
We recognize that in some cases ASNN will have to exercise judgment in situations as to which the application of the policy may be ambiguous, or as to which it does not fully cover or even contemplate. In these cases, we will look to the intended affect of these policies and act in accordance with its spirit.
With regard to your User Content, you agree that:
(1) Your User Content is written, designed, captured or otherwise created exclusively by you and was not copied from another source; OR, all individuals that created or contributed in any way to your User Content have granted you permission to submit your User Content, with full knowledge that ASNN may exploit it in any manner whatsoever.
(2) Your User Content does not threaten, harass, intimidate, abuse others or use language that is intended to insult others. You may not make any negative comments that are connected to race or national origin, gender, sexual preference, religion or physical handicap.
(3) Your User Content does not contain profane, obscene, sexual or other inappropriate language.
(4) You won't make false statements. Don't lie or embellish the truth. If you think something is not true, don't say it (and don't ignore indications that something may not be true). This goes for anything you say about another person. Don't defame, libel or disparage anyone. And, always be truthful about yourself. Don't pretend to be another person and don’t access or submit User Content through anyone else’s account and don’t allow others to submit User Content through your account. Do not provide ASNN’s email to others so that they can submit User Content.
(5) When you reveal information about yourself, such as in blog and message board postings and any photographs or videos you submit, the public will actually see it. Assume the entire world is watching. Don't submit any User Content you don't want anyone and everyone to see.
(6) You will not disclose personal information about other people in your User Content. Thus, your User Content may not reveal another person's address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number or any information that could be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual or that is personal in nature. Do not ask others to reveal such information about themselves.
(7) Your User Content will not encourage violence, instigate violence or describe how to perform a violent act.
(8) Your User Content will not promote illegal activity (this means: don't discuss or encourage anything illegal; if someone could go to jail for taking action suggested in your User Content, don't post it).
(9) Your User Content will not solicit gambling and you may not use your User Content to gamble or engage in any gambling activity. Items containing or related to lottery, a contest of any kind in which the public is unfairly treated or any enterprise, service or product that tends to encourage, abet, assist, facilitate or promote illegal or legal gambling will be reviewed as prohibited. ASNN will not accept advertising for casinos or other places of gambling including travel services or tourist destinations that directly or indirectly promote gambling.
(10) Your User Content will not advertise, promote or offer to trade any products, goods or services. Also, you may not use your User Content or ASNN's web sites for a pyramid scheme or other multi-tiered marketing campaign. Do not use ASNN's web sites to raise money for you, your family members, your friends or anyone else.
(11) Your User Content will not contain viruses, Trojan horses or other materials that modify, impair, disrupt, alter or interfere with the operation or maintenance of a ASNN web site. Do not upload materials that collect or transmit information, including, spyware, passive collection mechanisms, cookies or other similar devices. Do not launch any automated system, including any spider, robot, scraper or offline reader. Do not ruin a ASNN web site for others.
(12) You will not circumvent, disable, violate or otherwise interfere with web site security, the procedures for sending User Content, or other limitations on access to or use of ASNN web site.
(13) Advertises any habit-forming drug, tobacco product, handgun or handgun ammunition, distilled liquor or any non-alcoholic product containing the name of a hard liquor product may be refused at our discretion. Beer and wine advertising is acceptable provided that the product does not contain more that 24% alcohol by volume. This advertising opportunity will only be displayed on sites of the target audience that is at least 18 years of age, such as NCAA, adult softball, and professional coverage.
(14) ASNN may, on a case-by-case basis and subject to scheduling restrictions, accept advertising for condoms, erectile dysfunction treatments, birth control devices or methods, or remedies for sexually transmitted diseases, provided it is presented in good taste. Any condom advertisements that are accepted will be restricted to certain web pages such as non-park district pages and sites targeted youth under the age of 17 years of age.
Advertising for motion picture and video game industry will
follow these guidelines:
>R-Rated (or Not Yet Rated) movies will not be accepted.
>NC-17: Will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will have restrictions to certain pages on the web site.
>G, PG, PG-13 movies are all acceptable for advertisement.
>M-Rated video games, including RP-Rated = Not Yet Rated) are subject to Entertainment Software Rating Bureau (ESRB) audience guidelines as well as review prior consideration.
>A-Rated video games will be considered on a case-by-case basis
>E, EC and T-Rated games are all generally accepted but with subject to review of content.
(16) ASNN will not accept advertising that includes any element of intellectual property for which the advertiser has not obtained that owner's consent to use, including but not limited to music master, mechanical, performance and synchronization rights. We will not accept advertising that gives rise to any other colorable claim of infringement, misappropriation or other form of unfair competition.
(17) Any item submitted that is or might be injurious or prejudicial to the interests of the public, ASNN or honest advertising and reputable business in general can be rejected.